May All Your Christmas Smiles Be White | Boca Raton, FL
- December 9, 2015
In South Florida, a white Christmas may not be possible outside of our dreams or unless we travel somewhere else.
But anyone can have a whiter smile come Christmas morning with professional teeth whitening at the dentist office of Robert A. Eckelson, DDS, PA, in Boca Raton.
We are often dazzled by the brilliant displays of Christmas lights during the holiday season. With professional teeth whitening, your family and friends may be just as dazzled by your brilliant white smile.
Smile, ready or not
White smiles are important to many people for lots of reasons. After all, we’ve seen photos of celebrities shining their sparkling white smiles for the cameras.
We may not be walking the red carpet this holiday season, but you can bet lots of people will be taking our pictures.
Years ago, one or two people might bring a camera to a holiday gathering or the company Christmas party. Then, you had to wait weeks or months to see a print of the picture.
Today, everybody has a cellular phone in their pocket, and every phone doubles as a camera. Not only can we see those photos as soon as they are taken, but many times, those photos are shared with the world instantly on social media sites like Facebook and Instagram.
You may have tried some of the over-the-counter “whitening” products. Just visit the grocery or your local retail store. You’ll find dozens of items — mouthrinses, toothpastes, whitening gels, and strips — that claim they will whiten your smile.
If you’ve tried some of them, you may have found the results less than satisfactory. After weeks or months of use, your teeth were a little whiter, but nothing like what you were hoping to see.
A simple, effective solution
If you really want a white smile, then you should visit our dentist office if you live in or near Boca Raton.
We have two options for our patients. Both of them are as easy to use as the products you will find at the grocery. But unlike the stuff stacked on the shelves just a few aisles away from the cookies, our professional teeth whitening products deliver real improvements to your smile.
For most patients, we like to start with the less expensive treatment option — Crest Whitestrips.
Yes, you can buy whitestrips a lot of places, but you can only get the kind we provide at dentists’ offices. This version of the Crest Whitestrips contains a higher percentage of hydrogen-peroxide gel than the commercial version.
The professional version is much more efficient at removing the stains you may have acquired from drinking tea, coffee, and soft drinks, from eating stain-causing foods, or from using tobacco products.
You may want to be aware that using this product can make your teeth more sensitive temporarily. So you may want to avoid consuming anything too hot or too cold for a short time after a treatment.
For patients looking for even faster results, we offer Opalescence Whitening. With this system, we will make a tray for you to wear. You place the teeth whitening gel into the tray and wear it for the recommended time.
If you’ve tried commercial products but found they didn’t deliver the white smile you wanted, then please come talk to us about professional teeth whitening.
Saving your white smile
No teeth whitening treatment will last forever, but if you do go through this process, you’ll want to maintain your white smile as long as you can.
The best way to do that is knowing what causes the yellow stains we get on our teeth. Here are some common causes of teeth stains:
- Tobacco — Using tobacco may be the absolute worst thing you can do for your teeth. One of its many problems is the stains you can get from the nicotine and tar found in many tobacco products.
- Drinks — Coffee, soft drinks, tea, and wine are known to affect our teeth. If you want to keep your white smile, you may need to cut back on your morning coffee.
- Food — Citrus fruits can eat away at the enamel on your teeth, exposing the yellow dentin underneath. Blueberries and blackberries are delicious, but they can also change the color of your smile.
- Getting older — The older we are, the more we have used our teeth. The more we have used our teeth, the more stuff we’ve swallowed that may cause staining. That’s just part of life.
- Medicine — Some medications cause yellowing or staining as a side effect.
- Diseases — Some diseases also weaken or damage your enamel and leaving our smile not quite so white.
- Bad oral hygiene – To keep your teeth looking healthy, you need to take care of them. That means brushing twice a day, flossing once a day, and visiting the dentist twice a year for a professional cleaning.
Be proud of your smile
When you get together with your friends and family, you can be proud to flash your white smile in the many photos that will be taken. Contact Robert A. Eckelson, DDS, PA, if you live in or near Boca Raton to learn about our teeth whitening products.
Call 561-235-3100 or fill out our online form to make your appointment.
GET OUR FREE E-BOOK
No More Crooked Teeth! Fix crooked teeth and enjoy a healthier, beautiful smile. See how orthodontics can help you in our FREE e-book